Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Angel Visit

The night the angels arrived, all was quiet. No whooshing of winds... it was actually eerily still. I stood on my front step for a few minutes longer, just to be sure everyone was all in.

The first full day, emotionally, I felt a little blue. In hindsight, I think I was upset that there WAS no whooshing of winds and singing voices... although good things kept happening all day. Things that could be overlooked, I suppose.

My step dad came over (dressed in a lime green T and shorts, and THAT made me smile.) I haven't seen him in months, and all my kids were home to see him too (he hasn't seen them for a year or so.)

The phone guy came to fix my phone - and it turned out to be a friend from highschool that I haven't actually spoken to in real life since... well, highschool.I didn't feel hyper or excited - everything was very mellow.

The girls and I ate icecream. I got to watch a chick flick. Little things.

The second full day, The day carried on. It was sunny. The girls and I went to the library (where it was air conditioned.) I set my chin up, and smiled, and figured if they were here, and I was supposed to know, they'd let me know. I continued to feel happy and thankful.

The third day was Saturday. This is when it happened.

I woke, and upon opening my goobey eyes, I saw something so cool.

The sun was shining through the window, though my lacy curtains. The little fan was on. On the wall, right in front of me on my side of the bed, was the very clear shape of a large hand. The thumb and all fingers were very clearly outlined, and the palm was very very bright. When the fan would rotate, it moved the curtains, and made the hand look like it was waving.

This made me smile. But then I had to run to the bathroom. I got the video camera, too.

I jumped back in bed, and tried to figure out the camera. (seriously, I'm painful with some technology.) I got the "still" cam to work,and took some shots. Then turned it off, and just lay there.

and very quickly, the sun hand CHANGED. the bright spot in the center changed into the perfect shape of a landing angel. What had been the fingers, changed into sun rays off of the angel. The wings were open, I could clearly see a head shape, curved waist, and the legs were in the shape of one outstretched and one bent, as if landing on one foot. I tried to get some pics again.

At this point, my beloved asked me what I was doing. So I told him.

Then the girls piled in. And asked me what I was doing. So I told them too.

The picture on the wall then quickly changed again - and my youngest said to me "It looks like a cross now." The bright spot had extended - head, wings and legs - to the shape of a cross.

Then my beloved said "girls, let's leave your mom alone to look at the wall." (which made me giggle.) and shortly after they left, the spot faded into nothing.




Sure, I could write it off as the sun, the curtains, the fan - all very touchable things. But for every morning I've ever woken, I've never seen that hand waving on my wall!

so the fourth day was a market day - and it was the best market day I've had all year. And then my mom-in-law fed me dinner. Awesome.

The fifth day all of us were home - a civic holiday in Canada. It was quiet and lovely, and I got lots of laundry done, and a few readings done, and it was just a really really nice day.


So, that was my angel visit.

And now I have a hand cramp.

I'll try to get the images off my camera... Even though when I looked at them, the bright light had washed all the details out, from what I could tell....

Lori-Grace

1 comment:

What are your thoughts? Blessings!