Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ground Control to Major Tom

So, I just got back from a live reading. One of the major differences is what a space cadet I am when finished with live readings. I can still feel my enlarged pupils letting too much light in...

Reading in person is a different kind of connection. I don't get any less messages when I'm doing a phone or email reading - but reading live is different. Maybe because I spend so much time outside my head looking with my actual eyes, as well as in my head listening for words. I really do feel like I'm two places at once.

Trippy.

(These are peculiar things to "say out loud" or "type out loud" I guess. Har har.)

When reading live, I can look around you and see words, phrases, scenes. If I'm reading you over the phone or email, I need to look inside for these things.

When I finish with live readings, I also have to "ground" myself with more weight, so to speak. Maybe because it's physically taking more out of me (with the looking and the hearing and my hands and arms flailing all over the place, not to mention all the ticks I get when reading...) that it takes more effort to ground after reading live than it does when I'm doing email. (Readings on the phone lie somewhere inbetween.)

I don't drive after doing a live reading. If I'm doing a party or reading out of the house, I have my beloved drive me to the destination. Ground Control!!!

Tonight after the reading, I got into the car, and even though he's used to all of this psychic business and none of it needs explaining ( his mom and I are much alike, so this is nothing new to him. Thanks M.I.L.!) he was tickled with my spacy-ness. He made me laugh with his impression of me. He opened his eyes up WIDE and put on a big silly ear-to-ear grin...

All I could think was "Good Lord, if I look that goofy, why didn't you take me straight home instead of out to the Wal-Mart?"

I'm thankful that he just totally gets, respects, and needs no explination about all my "spidey senses-psychic stuffs."

I DO need to remember to pack a muffin or something though, for future live readings!

Blessings,

Lori-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Blessings!