Saturday, June 25, 2011

Advice for a Beginner Tarot Reader

I've never been certified - but my feedback speaks for me. I have 17 years of experience as well, but even if you are just starting, if you keep at it you'll get there!

I created a Facebook page, as well as a webpage, and a blog to showcase myself. On my webpage, there is feedback I've recieved.

On my Facebook page, there's also a lot of feedback. The word of mouth advertising is better than any paid for certification. (Because really, why give a piece of paper the power to tell you you are good at something like this???)

To gain experience, you just have to KEEP READING! Keep studying!!! I've been a professional reader for 17 years, and I STILL spend time studying and meditation on my cards. (I wrote a blog about how to study, too, for beginners.)

To be respected: Be respectful! Your reputation isn't something you can buy, or something you get from looking a certain way, or from hanging a certificate on your wall. It's in behaving like a professional!

What deck is best?? What ever one you LOVE and speaks to you. For years I used the Rider Waite, but for the last 2 years I've been using the DruidCraft Tarot - It really speaks to me!

How to advertise in a small community? I'm with you on this one!!! I live in a very small community. I do NOT spend money advertising. I have created my facebook fan page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lori-Grace-Reads-Tarot/165303626862384

and invited all my friends to it. Then, encouraged them to share it. Also, I got FREE business cards printed up at Vista Print. That is the ONLY advertising I do. When ever I do a live reading, I simply say to my client when we are done :

"My business relies on referrals. If you know anyone who might also enjoy meeting with me, please share my card!" and I give them 3 or so business cards.

I do NOT charge an arm and leg for readings.
$30 for live readings (and I put my phone alarm on a half hour timer .)
$9 for email readings (because I can do them at my leisure.)
$4 to start for phone readings (the phone company gives me bonuses, so the client doesn't have to pay so much.)

I am a very serious reader, (I am clairvoyant as well) but also keep in mind that for your clients this is also for fun as well as a serious chance to get some guidance.

I really REALLY hope this helps - I just loved the way your question was written, and really wanted to be helpful to you!

Many Blessings!!!

Lori-Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Blessings!