Thursday, March 29, 2012

Wed and Thurs Card of Day - There's A Fire


Yesterday I drew The WORLD. It was my day off after working two, and I had lots on my plate. I drew it in the morning, the day after drawing Rebirth.... and I sat on it all day, not being able to figure out how to apply it. Yes, I have a world of choices right now. Yes, I'm capable of doing so much. But, I wasn't feeling like this card at all. I spent the day feeling tired, heavy, burdened. A better card to represent what was going on would have been the 10 of wands.

But, I'm sure this card was to keep me from burning out.

Today, I drew the 8 of swords for my card of the day.

I have a shift at the Thrift Store today. I am feeling emotionally and physcially tired. And I can't figure it out. It also feels like there's no time to honour or experience The Tired. I asked this morning on my Facebook page, before drawing the card, for the Goddess to "lend me some fire."
Drawing this card, the first thing I thought was "keep your mouth shut today."

Great. Because we ALL know just how adept I am at doing THAT. Ok... fine. A challenge. And then I saw something in this card that I've never EVER noticed before.
Fire.

To sit still, feel like one can't move, while the fire is racing through the forest... Well, folks, I smell smoke. Things are burning clean through, and I want to run. There will be purification, I suppose. But, I'm not a woman of inaction.

And now I have run out of time, as I have to make school lunches and my own lunch and brush my hair and get moving for the day...

And now I've got THIS song in my head:

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Blessings!