Thursday, March 20, 2014

Steve Martin. What ARE You Up To???

So. I spent the day feeling... Romanced. By a ghost. Of someone who isn't dead.

Backtrack. Back in January, I had a dream starring Steve Martin. And me. It was Awesome. I woke feeling loved and flirty and giddy and connected. And like I was being watched over by someone who is handsome and funny and strong and capable of making MAGIC.

Today, Steve Martin was just IN MY HEAD. And somehow touching my skin.  It felt like he was following me around the thrift store. Reminding me. "Oh hey. I think you're the most adorable Lori-Grace ever! Are you doing what you love to do? Are you bringing love into everything you are doing? I"m checking in on you!!! "

It was quiet in the store. I went upstairs to clean. And that turned into a quick glance at the book shelf for Sci Fi or Fantasy titles.. and THIS jumps out at me. I see the title first, and giggle, because it's how I refer to myself when I'm working at the thrift store:

 (by the time I think to take a pic, I had already opened it randomly and read the first love scene... which made me want more... and then taken it downstairs to put in the pile of "I'm taking this home, charge me on payday.")

THEN. Not 10 minutes later, I'm staring glazed over at the wall of VHS...

And THIS jumps out at me... and I LAUGH out loud in the empty store. And then wonder "What are you up to, Mr. Martin??"


 So. The rest of the day was peculiar. EVERY one who walked in held some sort of mystery for me to romance out of them. Or maybe I was just full of the feeling of adoration, that it made the whole feel of the afternoon DIFFERENT...

I haven't worked it all out yet. I only just got home, and need to spend some more time thinking about it all.

This may require a long hot bath.

Lori-Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Blessings!