Monday, January 5, 2015

Wild Wood Tarot - The Archer

I have been spending a lot of time with this card.  
It's The Archer from The Wild Wood Tarot. 

 When I'm learning a new deck, I 'sleep' with the cards, each individually at first, and then a few together. I meditate on the card, read the book description, then put the card beside my bed where I can see it when I wake up. From there I "go into" the card to explore it.

Sometimes I'm hanging out with the characters in the card, or just exploring what there is to see.. but with THIS card, I've been BECOMING the archer. Hanging out with these two dogs. (What kind of dogs are these?)

Normally I'll stay with a card for 3 nights max. But this one, I just don't feel ready to let go of. I'm wandering around the edges of the forest, and these dogs are so well behaved. And I'm feeling it around me during the day - The helmet on my head and the dogs pacing me.

Last night in bed, I wondered what the Rider-Waite equivalent would be, and I guessed The Chariot... upon checking this eve, I was right! (I'm sort of awful with the numeracal value of the Major Arcana. Their stories have always been more important when it comes to memorization.) During my visualizations, the dogs have always been one male, one female.

The interpretation from the book:
Meaning from the book: The dawn of a new adventure, folded in the web of universal potential, waits for you to string the bow of your imagination and loose the arrows of creativity. This is a time to be bold and commit to the hunting of new life and a better relationship with the world, as well as the fulfillment of wholesome ambition. Take a moment to gather your tools and steady your state of mind. Take careful stock of what you want to achieve, why and how you will go about it. Then harness your potential by filling your quiver with all the talents, knowledge and cunning you possess and string the ‘bow of burning gold’ with the ‘arrows of desire’. Take a deep breath and be calm. It is time to let your soul take flight.

 So, after looking at all the things, it makes sense that I'm hanging onto this card in my work with the deck. I've been focusing on a goal, putting lots of attention on it to make it all work out. 

Hanging with the dogs have been interesting, though. I'm a cat person. It's been a learning experience. 

Lori-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Blessings!