Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Just Keep Swimming.

You know that thing I sometimes say when I'm doing a reading that goes like:

"Sometimes you gotta just get through the shit in order to get to the good." 

or some variation of that?

Yeah, in my own life, I just finished with a pile of that. Well, maybe not total shit, but man it was CHALLENGING. But I did it. I stayed calm. I stayed focused. I found the laughter. I worked hard. It felt good to persevere. I had to keep my chin up and think "It's all going to work itself out. I'm showing up. I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. The big reveal is gonna be SO AWESOME."

 And BOOM.  

 All at once it all fell together. All the hopes of the goals. In ONE WEEKEND. What the heck? Persevering AND staying conscious and engaged in each moment, put me in the right place, to talk to the right people. I was in the right place by accident and was inspired to talk to the right people put in my path because I was consciously open. And I put myself out there.

So, what happened? So much.

Ran into the PERFECT candidate to take my shifts at the thrift store, while standing and sweating like a madwoman at my craft booth at the Cupcake Festival in Penetanguishene.  Perfect, because she used to work there, and was amazing at the job. I love the thrift store, but my own businesses are so busy. I let the universe know that something exactly right had to happen, as I didn't want to leave the boss lady at the thrift store in the lurch, and I needed to be able to say YES to more clients.

Later, while at the Festival, I was approached by someone who is coordinating booths for Pirates of the Bay in Penetanguishene said she had been thinking of me, and did I want to set up a Booth to read cards as The Little Witch ? HECK YES! And I get to dress up like a pirate witch. hehehe.

This is what I will imagine myself to look like. I probably won't come close though. heheh.


AND THEN, while STILL at my booth later, a woman came around advertising the Coldwater Steam Punk Festival. I asked her about booths, and she said she was completely booked. I said that was okay, and she gave me info for next year. I gave her my card. Yesterday, (Monday) I got an email saying they had a last minute cancellation and would I like to come and read cards? YES YES YES! And, I get to dress up like a Steam Punk Circus Reader! (Madame Petrovski. Knows All, Sees All! haha.)

Like this, but with more steam....punk.


And on Monday, I had lots of Reflex clients, and one asked if they could rebook their next monthly appointment on a different day than Monday (since her usual Monday was already booked at her best time.) and I was able to say YES! Since we've found a replacement for my shifts at the thrift store.

So, that was a super long story. But my point is that good things come from where you least expect it. I like to be open to it, and trust that everything comes as it should.

Yes, I have ups and downs. There are better days than others. But I really believe if we power through the shit, with our best foot forward, doing the best we can with the skills we have, eventually we get our reward.

And after the reward, usually a new set of challenges. It's the Universes way of keeping things interesting, I think. How boring would life be without a few plot twists?

Chin up. Trust your inner self, by what ever name you call it.

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Blessings!