Sunday, July 17, 2016

Freddie Krueger.

Freddie Krueger. Remember this fictional character?

He ruined horror movies for me forever.

My 8 and 9 year old self used to watch the occasional horror film at a sleepover. Around aged 10, the world introduced Freddie, and he was the most TERRIFYING horror dude ever. Because he got into your dreams.



Dreams were so vivid for me, from a little wee kid. I would confused dreams with what really happened in waking life all the time. By the time I hit 10, I was starting to enjoy the dreams, write out the dreams, interpret the dreams. I had some VERY present  and familiar 'dream friends' (which later I began to realize where guides.)

Most horror film 'baddies' I could handle. They were ridiculous to me. Freddie was some SERIOUS SH*T. Because THAT DUDE gets you when you are most vulnerable. He attacked the spirit. Although I don't recall the movies going into spirit too much. But that's how I interpreted it.

I also started to realize at that point how fear can create, and how love can conquer. And how I had to be SUPER careful about what I put into my head during the day. Because I made things happen. At night. In the dark. In my sleep.

Then, I began to read Stephen King Novels. Because CLEARLY I had some stuff to deal with in this Fear/Love thing. There's a story he wrote about a bunch of Vampires and at some point someone has a cross and they are holding it up and it's repelling the Vampire. Some sort of word play happens, and the man doesn't have the cross anymore, and the man loses belief that the vampire can be repelled.... and just before the vampire eats him, he reveals that the power is in HIM, has nothing to do with the cross...

So, I think I was 12 when I read that book, so I'm sure someone will let me know which story it was... But THAT was the wake up point, I think.. .OH, THAT'S where the power comes from. Love. Belief. Trust.

This long blog sort of has become a run on sentence, a half assed essay. That's okay. Maybe we can have some discussion about manifesting, creating negativity, and how love protects and keeps us safe...

Lori.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Blessings!