Friday, October 3, 2014

Standing in the Mouth of a Scream.

Screaming Heads, Midlothian Castle and Gallery, Burks Falls Ontario

We went here, and it was fantastic. The weather was warm and super sunny, and the trees were all-the-colours.

I'd like to visit again when it's dark, moody, and without the children. Holy magic in this place. It was all I could do to stop myself from casting circle and doing dances within. (I still danced. Don't doubt it for a minute. But didn't allow myself a deep trance state. Oh mama.)

When I crawled in bed that eve, I dreamed myself there. I spent a lot of time among the heads, the riders, the claws. We chatted (although some were VERY very silent.) And I talked to a man that wandered the property. It turned from day to night and from one season to the next. I was wearing a poetically impractical dress, and wrote madly in a book I carried. I slept in corners and crevaces, I danced around a fire, I woke with chipmunks curled into every corner of me, and spiders in my hair.


I wanted IN there. Be naked and be reborn.

Art Sculpture - BIG rusted coggy wheels of life and dream catcher pieces. They reminded me to be still. 

I am 5 feet tall. Standing in the mouth of a Scream. All the poetry is here. I might have to rent a room somewhere in Burks Falls for a week, and just haunt the grounds of this place, writing poetry. Wearing an impractical dress.

Lori-Grace

More Info?? Here's the Artists website:  http://www.mmage.com/screamingheads/main.htm

P.S. And then listen to THIS. Because it's just where I happen to be today, while writing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Blessings!