Saturday, April 13, 2013

Card of my Day - The King of Cups

 Today, in asking for my own guidance (after doing a handful of readings for others over email today,) I pulled the King of Cups.

For me, the King of Cups has always simply represented someone who is strong, confident, and mature in all things emotional. Matters of heart, matters of art or culture or creativity.

Today, however, I felt like there was MORE to this card... when I only pull one, the whole story has to come from one, instead of 3, or 7, or 10! So, I looked at him to try to get a better feel for what he wanted to tell me. The Hound behind his chair peeked out at me, but that wasn't what I was looking for. Then I focused in on this little bit of the card. First, it was the belly and the placement of the belt, and the thickness of his thighs, that caught my eye. The colour Red.
I wanted to rub his belly like a buddah. and then I saw the crab at his feet. The sign of cancer, a water sign, right at his toe. Is this about wearing armour to protect my heart, but crawling to this Kings feet anyway? There's a gap in the rock there, that prevents the crab from getting any closer... Is the message about that? and THEN I saw the dolphin.

I have NEVER seen the dolphin in this card! Right at his HAND. As if to eat out of it, as if to be TRUSTING and come in for a pat on the head, up through the current that it looks like it should be caught in.

I'm going to meditate on this. In the Tub. The King of Cups will be right at home with me, in all that water!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Blessings!