Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Books for Beside the Bed.

This is how I've been filling my time. SO many great books have been coming my way!

I've been reading through Helping Yourself with Foot Reflexology by Mildred Carter. The bad black and white photos of everyone in beehives is fantastic. Descriptions are good about placement, but not so much with techniques... Still. You must read the classics.

 I love these books. I have one on Aromatherapy too. They have great pics and diagrams to help understand. I think the passages are too short though - I seem to be whipping through them too fast. Still, good reference.
 I only opened Accupressure Acupuncture without Needles by J.V. Cerney.. the diagrams are beautifully drawn of the body, meridians, and some technique drawings. Don't you miss when diagrams for books had to be handdrawn, due to lack of computer? Yes.  I haven't started reading it yet. It's on my list.
 I'm not quiet sure why I needed to own this: Inner Cleansing by Carlson Wade. As you can see, the subtitle is "How to Free Yourself From Joint - Muscle - Artery-Circulation sludge. It might be that this will have some good biology stuff in it...
 Now, this I have been reading and really enjoying. Your Hands Can Heal - Learn to Channel Healing Energy. It's really simply written and straightforward, but giving enough detail so I don't feel I'm reading total candy floss. However, it's easy enough to digest that I've been reading it before bed. Bzzt Bzzt.
 The Science of Everyday Life. Again, not sure why, but I needed this one. It's not incredibly thick (185 pages.) but what caught my attention was the bit on the back:  "What causes Deja vu? Why do dogs look like their owners? What's up with insect swarms? What's the science behind showing your tongue? Do you keep drier by walking or running through a rainstorm? Seems like a ridiculous fun read, with a bit of science thrown in.
 And Wealth 101.. My M.I.L. bought it for me on a walk downtown. (We went down to Art Walk in Midland AFTER the storm had rushed through. There was very little else to do but peruse the shops.) Anyway, this book really has little to do with Money... a fun and easy read, sections broken up into about 2 page sections.
 Again.. Haven't cracked this one. Zen and the Art of Happiness... but COME ON. The happy Buddah gets put in your palm, and you MUST rub the belly... this is going beside my bed.
 Finally Edgar Cayce on the Dead Sea Scrolls. I picked up a book when I was 17 called Edgar Cayce on Atlantis (and I still have it.) published by the same publisher. This most likely didn't cross my path till now because I wasn't ready to read about Jesus before...

So, although I've only done a handful of Tarot readings this week, you can see that I've had my hands full with book reading. Oh, and add the course readings for reflexology to that too!

Lori-Grace's Recommended Reads from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Blessings!